Home automation is fun and controling your home with a phone is awesome. It's so much better to control all your lights from the phone than walking around and turning them on or off. But I feel like there should be an even lazier way of doing this. After all to turn a light on you have to unlock your phone, find the light switching app, start the app and then finally click the right light to turn on.
How about controling everything with your voice? Voice is a powerful tool to describe what you want done, it takes very little effort and you don't need to have to navigate and click any device to use it. Voice could be the perfect interface!?
- I want to be able to control everything from almost every room in my appartment.
- It can't be to expensive to add new rooms.
- It must be somewhat power efficent
- I want to be productive while coding
The Raspberry Pi is cheap, doesn't take much space and is pretty power efficient (compared to like a full grown PC). It's also easy to code with windows 10 and the .NET framework.
- Here is a how to on the speech recognition
- Here I explain the Jarvis project