|Software apps and online services:|
|Hand tools and fabrication machines:|
Use this template to post project information formatted in accordance with federal technology innovation grants. Examine each section to determine how and if it fits within the project.
What is the technological uncertainty that your trying to resolve?
a. Indicate background and primary objective of what you're trying to achieve.
b. Project is being undertaken because: (all that apply)
- Technology doesn't exist or improvements may be possible
- Gaps that exist in planned versus achieved specifications
- Determination of component Integration and protocol effectiveness
- Unknown cost vs benefit
Did the effort involve formulating hypotheses specifically aimed at reducing or eliminating that uncertainty?
a. Identify how design provides a solution to primary objective.
b. Identify critical success factors.
- Create achievable goals priority rankings chart
- Establish firm specification success/failure indicators
- Devise logging methods to observe effects of potential design changes
- Summarize and provide conclusions as to approach effectiveness
Was the overall approach adopted consistent with a systematic investigation or search, including formulating and testing the hypotheses by means of experiment or analysis?
- Internet search for existing papers, solutions
- Collaborate on new developments and existing experiments
- Identify development needs and or "off the shelf" technology requirements
- Obtain and evaluate components involved in design
- Engineer reasonable cost design that meets desired specifications
- Build and test prototype phases
- Make final design decisions regarding cost, specifications and scalability
- Build production prototype with user interface for testing
- Long term field testing, data logging, usage notations
- Based on field testing results decide to continue work or finalize development phase
Was the overall approach undertaken for the purpose of achieving a scientific or a technological advancement?
- List untested technologies involved with project
- Chart experiment results against defined objectives
- Summarize success/fail checkpoints
- Indicate future projects that rely on achieved results
- Collaboration with makers and industry partners
Was a record of the hypotheses tested and the results kept as the work progressed?
a. Designs and experimentation results recorded with standard workflow.
b. Use project template to create and store.
- Original concept
- Circuits and Diagrams
- Design sketches, 3D print files, PCB cad files
- Parts components
- Software code, drivers, samples
- Specs and supplier info
- Prototype development records, logs, photos, videos
- Field testing photos, videos and data logs
- Replication of project sections on collaboration sites
- Final summary and postings with colleagues
Confirmation of success is based on ending up with a reliable and repeatable design that meets specifications and cost projections of detailed design.
Did you replicate this project? Share it!I made one
Love this project? Think it could be improved? Tell us what you think!